Global Hiring 2012: Information Sessions at NUS and NTU

Felicia
Current location: Tokyo

Hi everyone!

So I’m back from our round of recruitment talks in Singapore with Maki, as some of you might have already read on our Facebook page (which we’re on virtually 24-7, so there you go, yet another communication channel just for you guys). We made our rounds this year at the National University of Singapore (NUS) and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), where taking round after rapid fire round of questions from a sea of fresh young faces was an unforgettable experience that was, strangely, both humbling and uplifting at the same time. Alas, fair youth, to where have thou flown? This is not a cry for help.

Many thanks to everyone who came down, we were very glad to have met and spoken with all of you. It was so, so heartening to meet so many of you who had the same aspirations and ideas as us. Can’t wait to take those conversations further (yep, this is your cue to submit your application for an interview)!

We hope the sessions were useful for those who turned up, but for those who didn’t make it, feel free to leave a comment under this post if you’d like a copy of our recruitment talk slides. Or if you just want to say hi 🙂

Allow me to also thank Claire and Lydia from the NUS Business School Career Services, and Bibi and Mei from the NTU Career & Attachment Office for helping us out with our inaugural round of recruitment talks in Singapore, and for generally being the sweetest, kindest people ever.

Once again, for those who missed our talks at NUS and NTU, we’re currently looking to hire full-time members in the following positions:

Marketing Director Trainee
Business Development Director Trainee
Systems Engineering Director Trainee

Detailed descriptions of each of the above jobs can be found in our recruitment talk slides.

To reiterate what was said during our information sessions, these are travel-intensive jobs with major responsibilities and opportunities that will blow your mind, so only the truly adventurous may apply. Perks, on top of the (very) constant travelling, include a fun and dynamic team, as well as ready access to xiaolongbao / sushi / dim sum / roti prata / all of the above (delete where appropriate).

In response to a common question from many of you, Japanese language ability is not at all required, but we insist that you be bilingual, i.e. effectively fluent in English and at least one other language.

And the second most common question – do we take interns? Yes, we are also open to interns, although we do not yet have a structured internship programme and vacancies depend very much on our needs at the point of receiving your application. Do write to us anyway if you’re interested.

The application deadline for Asunova’s Global Hiring this year is 17 February 2012. Hit us up with your applications here right now!

Posted in: English

19 Comments

1. Eugene says:

Hi there, I am interested to know more about the job scopes of the marketing and business development roles. Could I bother you to share them with me?

Thank you in advance!

2. k87 says:

Hi I’ve sent my application one week ago. I have received an email telling me that delivery to job.2012@asunova.com has failed permanently but I also received another email saying thanks for my interest and that I will be contacted by the middle of February. I was wondering if you properly received my application.

3. Phoebe says:

Hello, I happen to notice this hiring information through facebook fanpage and got really interested in applying. However, I am from Taiwan and didnt get to see any related information for Taiwanese recruiting…so I’m wondering that if I can still apply for the hiring. Thank you in advance!

4. Xin Yu says:

Hi Felicia,

I am currently in my final year in NUS and chanced upon Asunova from our career centre website. However, I missed the recruitment talks, would it be possible for me to request for the slides from the talks to gain a better understanding about the company and the positions open? Thank you very much for your kind attention.

Many thanks,
    Xin Yu

5. Huizhen says:

Hi there,

I was able to attend the recruitment talk. Could you share with me a copy of the recruitment talk slides? I would like to know more about the roles & job description for the marketing director and business development trainee.

Thanks so much

6. haru says:

Hi, I missed the talk at NTU but I would definitely love to have a copy of the slides to find out more about the company for the adventurous!

Thank you!

7. Rachel says:

Hi, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could drop me an email with a copy of the recruitment slides, thanks!

8. Hilda says:

Hi! I came across the advertisement for the Marketing Director Trainee on the NUS eJob site, and I’m interested to know more about the company and its working environment. I would be extremely appreciative if you’d tell me more about it. Thanks!

9. Philip says:

Hi! I came across the opportunity as published on the NUS eJob website to join Asunova as a Business Development Trainee, would be nice if I can have the download link to learn more about Asunova. Thank you.

10. Yi Hui says:

Hi Felicia, can I have a copy of the recruitment talk slides?

Thanks so much! 🙂

11. Michelle says:

Hi Felicia,
    I’m interested in Marketing Director Trainee position at Asunova, so would really appreciate if you could share with me more on your experience working there. And is it possible that you could send me the recruitment slides too? Thanks a lot!

12. Jenny says:

Hi! I would like to have a copy of the slides too.
    Thank so much.

13. Sheena says:

Hi, I am from NTU but had missed the recruitment talk. May I have a copy of the slides & is the deadline for recruitment over?

Thanks